Wednesday, November 17, 2010

How do I change default download location from desktop with Vista?

When I download a file or a program, the default location is the desktop. I want it to be put in my ';downloads'; file.



I thought I had changed it. %26amp; Now I can't remember where it's at to change it, or verify it's changed.



Please do not try to talk me out of Vista... It came with my new laptop %26amp; so far I'm having no troubles with it %26amp; I'm loving it! :)



Thanks, LH! :)How do I change default download location from desktop with Vista?
You're talking Internet Explorer, right? Doesnt it remember the last location you saved to? If youre on Firefox theres a setting in the options to save all files to .....



:)How do I change default download location from desktop with Vista?
Open up Explorer. Go to your user name, right click on ';Downloads';, and choose ';Properties';. On the Location tab, you can restore the default or move the downloads folder.



Hope this helps!

No comments:

Post a Comment