Saturday, November 20, 2010

UTorrent Error: The system cannot find the path specified?

I just had this issue for the first time today. Almost immediately after starting the download, it gave me this error. I had previously torrented things onto my external HD, so perhaps this might be part of the problem, but I don't know how to change the save location or the paths or whatever it is. Please help.



P.S., I'm an 脺bernoob at this stuff, so I ask that you be very basic in your answers.





Thanks!UTorrent Error: The system cannot find the path specified?
That may be from the path length being too long or the external's drive letter may have changed.

http://utorrent.com/faq/errors#faq1



If you need to move the content, stop the torrent, move the content to new location, right-click the torrent and select Advanced%26gt;Set Download Location and browse to new location.



Same procedure if drive letter of external changed (except no need to move).UTorrent Error: The system cannot find the path specified?
You probably moved some files or something. Say you had a file downloading to your external hard drive, and then you, disconnected your external hard drive, uTorrent can't access the files.



So basically if you're going to do that, you shouldn't really open uTorrent without your external being plugged in.
try to reinstall the program

No comments:

Post a Comment