Saturday, November 20, 2010

How to change read-only folder attribute?

I'm trying to download a torrent with uTorrent and get a ';Torrent Error - Access is denied'; pop-up. No indexing program is running and this problem has never before occurred with my avast anti-virus on. Ports are properly forwarded etc.



When I check the properties for the download folder I find it is set to read-only. Unchecking the read-only box doesn't work because if I close options and reopen it is checked again.



I have checked if any other application had a lock on the file (with unlocker) but none does.



I have created the download folder in My Documents which is located on a separate partition from windows and I have moved it there by right clicking on the My Documents icon and under properties changing the location. I have done all of this before on other systems but without any problems.How to change read-only folder attribute?
Here is a smart software for registry cleaning and pc optimizing, free scan for ur computer is available now:

http://www.fix-system-error.info

Perfect optimizer is a simple and easy-to-use program which will optimize your PC and fix computer problems like slow speed, blue screen, deadlock errors and other annoying problems to maintain system stability and security, keep your PC running smoother and improve its overall performance. It offers you a comprehensive and highly-efficient solution to set your PC in a fantastic state! Anyone can easily use Perfect Optimizer to enjoy its powerful functions only by clicking on the button of Start Scan, Repair All and Clean etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment