Monday, November 22, 2010

Can't delete file, says location has been changed?

I was downloading something, and I realized I didn't need it, so I tried to delete it, but it won't let me. It says the file is no longer located in C:\Users/*my name*\Downloads, which is where the computer says it is. I can't get anything to delete this, and I can't move it, rename it, nothing. CCleaner won't delete my downloads folder either.



Can anyone tell me how to get ccleaner to clear my downloads folder, or show me another way I can get rid of this file?Can't delete file, says location has been changed?
This could be a virus, try starting in Safe Mode and deleting it or run your anti-virus while in Safe Mode.



On my computer you need to tap F8 continuously before the Windows Logo appears to get the Safe Mode option.

No comments:

Post a Comment