Monday, November 22, 2010

A challenge for any computery person! Its do to with Limewire and iTunes. Come on, you know you want to try!?

Please help me, I want my downloads from Limewire to go directly into my iTunes library when I download them. In Limewire, I have gone into:



Tools - Options - Saving - Save a folder - Browse... - My Computer - C drive (Local Disc, whatever) - Program Files - iTunes



Now what? If I save it there, nothing happens, I still have to copy and paste, or it says there is an error and I have to change the location of the saving folder!



The folders in the iTunes folder are:

CD Configuration

iTunes.Resources

iTunesHelper.Resources

iTunesMiniPlayer.Resources

Mozilla Plugins



Please help me! Best Answer goes to first person who gives me clear instructions as to how to do this! Thanks!A challenge for any computery person! Its do to with Limewire and iTunes. Come on, you know you want to try!?
Ok, this is not a DIRECT solution but bear with me.



In the iTunes help file it talks about the copy and paste issues you have with getting files into your library. This is NOT the whole of my solution to read it and then read what I add on.



--------------------------------------?br>


When you import an item by dragging it to the iTunes window or choosing File %26gt; Add to Library, a reference (or ';pointer';) to the item攏ot the item itself攊s placed in the iTunes folder. You might not be able to play songs if you move them.



You can change this setting so that iTunes copies of all the items are placed in the iTunes folder.



To copy items to your iTunes folder when you add them to your iTunes library:

Choose Edit %26gt; Preferences and click Advanced.



Select the ';Copy files'; checkbox.



The next time you add an item to your library, iTunes places a copy of the file in your iTunes folder; the original file remains in its current location.



--------------------------------------?br>


Now if you change that setting so that it copies files instead of creating pointers then you should be able to use the ';Add folder to library'; menu item under the file menu to add the music you've downloaded with limewire into your library without all the copying and pasting. That way you can save to whatever directory you wish and can import all the files from that directory into your library with the file menu item.

No comments:

Post a Comment