Monday, November 22, 2010

How to use my iMac?

So this is my first Mac and everything is completely new to me :[ . Meaning I have dozens of questions that must be the simplest things for regular Mac users *sigh*



1. How do I insert a disk? I assume that the front is suppose to be facing me. And I thought that if I slightly put it in, it will automatically take it. But I put it in more than half way and the Mac didn't seem to respond.



2. How do I change my homepage? I downloaded Mozilla Firefox thinking using the internet would be the same but at the top, it's still in Mac form. Meaning I don't see my bookmark tab, I don't see my options, etc. I would like to open the browser and have the homepage be a page that I want but I couldn't figure out how to customize that. I don't see any sort of Preferences or Options tab.



3. Is there a folder or location somewhere on my iMac that I can find all the programs I have downloaded? Or somewhere that they usually automatically download to? Like how Windows has Program Files



Thanks guys :]How to use my iMac?
Hi, no problem, just slide the disk into your imac from the side. If the cd doesn't play on its own then just open finder and choose your cd rom.



When u use Safari on top will be the menu bar, click on the safari on the menu bar and there should be a preferences link there to change settings. Firefox should be similar but I am sorry I don't use it on my mac, only on linux.



When u usually download a file using safari it goes in to your download folder in your home directory. Alright so u r in finder right then u should have an applications section where all your programs go.



When u download a program its in .dmg form, just drag it into the applications folder and thats it u have installed it. When u want to remove a program just drag it into the trash can.



If u want to put application links on the dock just drag the application from the application folder to your dock, simple as that.



Oh yeah and welcome to Unix :)



If u want any tips as to how to maximize and close apps then just ask :)



Edit:



I forgot for the tabs in safari press alt+t, try that in firefox as well cause again I only use firefox in linux.How to use my iMac?
I think this information was very useful to me. Because i mit get a imac soon and i want to know all about it!!!!

Report Abuse

  • Ordinary bed sheets
  • give me some boys names
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment