Monday, November 22, 2010

I have a new external hard drive. I transfered all my music to the drive. All my music got deleted?

What happened? I arranged it so that all the music from Limewire that was downloaded would transfer into the external hard drive folder to be saved. That worked fine. Then I realized that because I changed the location of where my music is stored iTunes would not play any of the songs in it's library. The message on iTunes said ';song file could not be found'; with an exclamation point before the song. So I when online and tried what some forum suggested: Hold the [SHIFT] key down while opening iTunes. A box opened asking where I want to open an existing library or create a new one. At first I tried opening an existing library and it did not work. Then I created a new one, and ALL my songs from the old library disappeared. It was like downloading iTunes on to my computer for the first time. And I still can't figure out how to open the old library again because when I do, an empty iTunes opens up again. My Limewire is like it's starting from scratch too. I do not know what to do. I hate about 4000 songs in my library that I've managed to get over a few years now. Please Help! I don't want to lose them all.



PS.: I also cleaned out my My Documents folder, deleting a few random files that I thought were not necessary. Do you think I must have deleted a file that was part of Limewire that installs itself into the My Documents folder? I have a new external hard drive. I transfered all my music to the drive. All my music got deleted?
Recover lost files

=============

try recuva

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nhAbVVHH7



If link doesn檛 work, search for recuva in you tube



Download at recuva.com



I have used this and its simple and very good. Just allow it time to pull in the files.





use recuva on you parent drive to reestablish the deleted music files. Give it plenty of time to work.



You are a victim of a poor connection in speed of file transfer. It transferred the addresses of your files but didnt complete the data. This is caused by poor bandwidth in the connection. Eg heavy traffic on a server link. In your case probably the usb link.



Ensure your computer and external hdd are NTFS file format.I have a new external hard drive. I transfered all my music to the drive. All my music got deleted?
Turn off and unplug the external,Click start%26gt;all programs%26gt;accessories%26gt;system tools%26gt;system restore.Go back a few days and your songs should come back.Just a little hint,when transferring files like that,choose copy instead of move until you make sure everything has worked ok,then you can delete the original files.
Never use iTunes. Never use Limewire. If you want music go to demonoid.com or similar.



Press the windows key and f to search for *.mp3

However Windows Vista won't find them this way, as it cannot search for some reason (maybe just cos it's shite)

Otherwise check the recycle bin if you're lucky. Don't hold your breath.


No comments:

Post a Comment