Saturday, November 20, 2010

Saving zip files to bare drive C:/ ONLY.?

Hi,

I ve got this annoying horse racing software that requires me to download some updates to the bare drive c:/ ONLY. I've gone into firefox and changed my download options so its 'save to...' but when i try and do it to bare C:/ it says that 'this location is forbidden to download to. contact admin' or along those lines.



I have the admin password but the option to put it in isn't coming up. The whole thing was set up by my uncle who does PC set-up for corporate businesses and that must be why his put this password heavy admin system in, he just did it the way he usually does but its completely unnecessary on a home PC.



So i need to save these zip files to bare drive C:/ only or it won't work. How can i do it? Is the system blocking me or am i just going about it wrong?



THx for help.Saving zip files to bare drive C:/ ONLY.?
It could be a requirement of the software - I hate software too stupid to use alternate locations or com ports above 2 - or it could be a permissions problem. You don't say what OS you have, but if it is Vista I would suspect permissions first. With XP I would lean toward the software.Saving zip files to bare drive C:/ ONLY.?
not sure about this but you cant download and unzip a folder on the c drive....the c drive is programs that are installed on, i really think someone is trying to screw up your comp
  • how to make banners in frontpage
  • shared hosting
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment