Saturday, November 20, 2010

How can I change the location of an audio file in imovie?

My iMovie project depends on an audio file which was dragged and then added from my downloads folder to my project. Now that my project is finished I'd really like to clean out my downloads folder. Unfortunately, if I move the audio file then imovie will alert me saying that it can't find the file. I realize I could move the audio file to the desired location and then re insert it, but I had it trimmed exactly how I wanted it, and to figure out those exact trimmings again would be a pain...why the hell doesn't imovie handle this better? Any advice on how to move it?How can I change the location of an audio file in imovie?
An iMovie project is just a text file with a list of instructions on what to do with Events, Audio, iPhoto, iTunes files - where to find them and how to arrange them until such time as you export your project.

So, you could export your project via the Share menu and once that is done you can delete all the audio, video etc files that went into making it.

Otherwise you are going to have to leave things where they are.

Regards, Zyfert

No comments:

Post a Comment