Monday, November 22, 2010

How do I change the path so that I can get javac to work?

I have downloaded java JDK SE and would like to know how I can get it set up so that I can get my javac comand to work in the comand prompt. I have windows X. I know I have to go to the control panel and then to system and then advanced and click on environmental variables. I know I have to add the location to path but how do I know if I am in the right file or what ever. I am compleatly lost.How do I change the path so that I can get javac to work?
I dont exactly know what you mean by ';I am in the right file or what ever';.

Suppose if you have installed JDK in C:\JDK then normally adding something like C:\JDK\BIN to the system variable PATH will do the trick.

If you have more than one installation of JDK and are confused and want to make sure that when on the command prompt you type ';javac -version'; to check which javac gets called (i am assuming that both SDK have different versions).How do I change the path so that I can get javac to work?
Here is my suggestion. Unless you just want to compile your java from a command line interface. (and If you do , I am not sure off hand how to add the path, sorry) Go to the ling below and download jave netbeans IDE ( interactive development environment) . It will make your life a whole lot easier. It gives you error checking , it compiles and runs your code realtime so you can debug and its free. ( you can't beat it for the price)



I am assuming you are new to Java ( if I am wrong I appologize) but once you start creating windows forms using swing

look into Visual J# express edition. It is a development environment that will make your life easier and again it is free from microsoft.



Sorry I couldn't actually answer your problem , but I hope my solution helps!
  • bacteria grows
  • mobile
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment