Wednesday, November 17, 2010

How to move Itunes folder to a new location?

I want to move my Itunes music library source to a new location. because I have a new harddrive that I want to use instead of my C drive. I tried going into settings on Itunes and changing it but all that seemed to change was the download location of new items. I was going to cut and paste the itunes music folder into the new harddrive but a coworker said something about it duplicating and all sorts of mess, and I was worried that itunes won't no where to find the music that's listed in the library if I do that. I just want all the music in the new harddrive any suggestions?How to move Itunes folder to a new location?
the best way to solve this problem is to create a new iTunes library. You can do this by pressing shift(continuously) %26gt;start %26gt; all programs %26gt; iTunes %26gt; iTunes. After this you will get a dialog box to choose a library. Click on create a new library and opt the desired destination folder give it a name and click create (or save). Now all you have to do is to add all your files into the new library. After doing this delete your old library. If you have any apps in your iTunes library( the old one)....go to that library and copy a folder named ';mobile applications'; and paste it into your new library. You can add those files to your new library (they are just like adding music and videos into your library. click file %26gt; add file or folder %26gt; select those files and click open)How to move Itunes folder to a new location?
I had the same problem. Its actually very complicated to do. I dont know if i was making it harder than it really was, but i'm not sure if there is a way to do it.

when i was finally able to get iTunes onto the other drive, it wouldnt run correctly. I was only able to have it work on my C drive.

Your computer may work a bit differently though.

No comments:

Post a Comment