Monday, November 22, 2010

How do I run a program that opens with ';Windows Shell Common Dll';?

I have Vista and when I try to open this program it can't it has the open with option but not open.

I looked on the properties and it says it opens with ';Windows Shell Common Dll'; but i dont know what it is, where i can get it or anything about it.

Is there somewhere i can download that for free. Im ok with computers but i wouldnt understand if you explained it in technical terms.

So can you tell me(in english) how to get this program running please?



This is from it's properties page:

Type of file: RAR file (.rar)

Opens with: Windows Shell Common Dll (option to change)



Then details about location, size, and history.

Only other thing i can find that could be useful is on details it says:

Attributes: A

but i have no idea what that means.How do I run a program that opens with ';Windows Shell Common Dll';?
You have to download and install Winrar. It's a file zipping program similar to Winzip. Here's a link where you can download it:

http://www.download.com/3120-20_4.html?tHow do I run a program that opens with ';Windows Shell Common Dll';?
What program is it? Search .rar on google and you should find some programs.

No comments:

Post a Comment