Monday, November 22, 2010

Download 700MB file @ 128kbps?

I have recently moved to a new city. When researching fast internet in my new location, I discovered that the only service offered is DSL at 128K. This is a drastic change from my cable service with 3MB per second. I have decided to take the 128K since it is better than 56K, although not much better -- it's faster. When using my cable service, I would often download files 700MB and higher, such as game demos, linux distros, etc. My question is: How long (days, hours, minutes, etc.) would it take for me to download a 700MB file at my new 128K connection. Thanks in advance!Download 700MB file @ 128kbps?
11 Hours 52 Minutes 4 secondsDownload 700MB file @ 128kbps?
are you downloading from a website or a peer to peer format? I have a 8 Meg cable connection. Peer to peer varies and usually not the greatest. But i do use Giganews newserver and there i get 6Meg download/sec speeds. If you are using a peer to peer i recommend www.isohunt.com. Great site for faster downloads. If you got the full 128K/sec...700 Meg file will be downloaded overnight.
10-12 hours

No comments:

Post a Comment