Wednesday, November 17, 2010

How do I change the default download location in XP to E Drive?

After rebuild, my recovery partition is on C. DVD drive is D. Xp is installed on E which is the system boot volume. Web downloads and auto installs are trying to install on C, which doesn't have enough room. I want E to be the default drive. Or increase C drive size..How do I change the default download location in XP to E Drive?
Having the OS on non 'C' drive partition is going to be a lot of this kind of work: establishing filepaths for nearly everything going into your system.

If your not too far along with the rebuilding of your software archive, I'd get that situation reconfigured with the OS on the 'c' drive...otherwise you've got a long contract on your hands.How do I change the default download location in XP to E Drive?
You can't easily. See this thread: http://forums.techarena.in/tips-tweaks/1…

No comments:

Post a Comment