Wednesday, November 17, 2010

How do change the download to ask me what file name and location to save to?

I have windows XP - in windows 2000, when I downloaded a file off the internet, it would prompt me for a name and location to save to - now, in windows XP, it downloads it automatically into a folder with a pre-determined file name- Can I change this? This is VERY cumbersome... especially when I download several (like 10) files from the same site, with the same name.How do change the download to ask me what file name and location to save to?
what ever it may be the browser! you have to configure your settings from your options menu and change the download options to manual download. then you can save your file as your wish.How do change the download to ask me what file name and location to save to?
What browser are you using?

No comments:

Post a Comment