Wednesday, November 17, 2010

My downloads keep disappearing from my desktop the moment the download completes. how do i fix this?

I use mozilla firefox, latest ver 3.10 or something like that. Everytime i try to d/l a file, the download box opens as per normal, however it doesn't show the percentage which has alr d/l but immediately proceeds to scan the file. when i alt-tab to my desktop, the file is gone. i have tried changing download location and doesn't work. i also cleared all temp files, cache... i used to have the same problem with IE, but after getting the latest ver of it, IE is fine now. btw, i use AVG as anti-virus prog and vista.My downloads keep disappearing from my desktop the moment the download completes. how do i fix this?
Don't turn off the anti-virus. Set it to give an alert and wait for your response. What you're downloading may be infected and being automatically deleted. Might want to check the free space on your hard drive.My downloads keep disappearing from my desktop the moment the download completes. how do i fix this?
Do you click save or open? Always click to save.! Turn off the antivirus. Then scan after the download is complete.



Aso, if the file is too big, the download may have timed-out.
Search for the file name and see where it is sending it.



Did you add any addons to Firefox?

No comments:

Post a Comment