Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Internet Explorer doesn't ask download location.?

When I download a .zip or .rar file, I get a pop up asking to download or open, then there is a check box asking to always ask this. I unchecked it because I always want to download the .zips to my documents. But now, when I click a download, it automatically downloads everything to my temporary folder. How do I undo this? Or, how do I change its default download location?Internet Explorer doesn't ask download location.?
Hello dear,



If you want to be prompted for a download location for the file type, follow these steps:



1. Double-click My Computer.

2. On the View menu, click Folder Options.

3. On the File Types tab, click the appropriate file type in the Registered File Types box.

4. Click Edit.

5. Click to select the Confirm Open After Download check box.

6. Click OK, and then click OK.



Hope I helped,

Good luck...Internet Explorer doesn't ask download location.?
1. Click ';Start'; - ';Run';.



2. Start the registry editor by typing ';regedit'; and press ENTER.



3. Scroll down to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\

Microsoft\Internet Explorer.



4. In the right pane, double-click ';Download Directory';.



5. When the ';Edit String'; dialog appears, enter your new download directory. Make sure to type this EXACTLY correct - there is no option to browse for directories! When done, click ';OK';.



6. Close the Registry Editor. Close all open Internet Explorer windows. You may also need to reboot your computer or logoff and login for this change to occur.

No comments:

Post a Comment