Tuesday, May 31, 2011

What is Joke-Bluescreen.c and how to your remove joke-bluescreen.c?

i have mcAfee

and it has discovered



joke-bluescreen.c

location C:\WINDOWS\system32\blphc127j0e5dv.scr





i cant find a way to remove this program

but can anyone tell me what it is and how i remove it



it also changed my background and told me

i needed anti virus/spyware protection

but it did not pop up anything that said i needed to downloadWhat is Joke-Bluescreen.c and how to your remove joke-bluescreen.c?
I had a similar issue and here are the steps I performed while staying offline (i.e., disconnected from the Internet).



1. Opened task-manager and killed the active lphcp*********.exe process

2. Deleted (SHIFT+DELETE) all the temporary files from C:\Documents and Settings\%26lt;user_name%26gt;\Local Settings\Temp

3. Deleted (SHIFT+DELETE) the following files from C:\windows\system32: phcp********.bmp, lphcp********.exe and blphcp********.scr. Got 'em by sorting the files in C:\windows\system32 by the 'last-modified date'.



My desktop background was also hijacked and my explorer kept crashing every time I tried to search files on my hard-drive. To get rid off them I ran SPY-BOT and fixed the registry changes it detected.What is Joke-Bluescreen.c and how to your remove joke-bluescreen.c?
I tried what you said bu there are some files that wont let me delete them.

Report Abuse


I deleted the files you recommended and the bluescreen joke is gone. However, I still am not able to change the wallpaper with the properties menu. Any suggestions?

Report Abuse


To restore Display and ScreenSaver pages in desktop properties go to registry:



HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\M?br>


and add following dword keys:



Name: NoDispBackgroundPage Value: 0

Name: NoDispScrSavPage Value: 0

Report Abuse


i know this is old

but...

its a official free screensaver from microsoft.com made by systernals

just switch to a different screensaver and enjoy the joke

you should however uninstall mcafee and install avast or avg (both free, both widely accepted as good)

Report Abuse


also, if the screensaver came with a program ';XP ANTIVIRUS 2008'; that IS a virus and should be removed immediately

Report Abuse


Hi Bubay,



Looks like a screensaver file - probably a ';joke'; Blue Screen of Death so you think your PC has crashed. However, it also sounds malicious. You need to scan for and remove spyware using programs like Lavasoft Adaware. There's a guide that I think is pretty good at http://MySlowPC.co.uk/ - click on the ';Troubleshooting'; link.



Good luck....



Morgie
I had the exact same problem with this rogue program. I couldn't get it off with malwarebytes or any other antispyware programs. They take forever to scan and when they said that they removed the screen saver, it reappears after you restart your computer. Luckly I finally figured out how to get it off of my computer by system restore.



Basically, this feature restores your computer to its state on any date that you choose to restore to. If you remember the date that you got that screen saver, just set the restoring point before that date.



I suggest you make backups of all the files that you added to your computer after that date (although when I restored my computer, none of my files disappeared) but just in case.



To restore your computer, go to



start/all programs/Accessories/system tools/system restore



Then when the window pops up, just choose ';restore my computer to an earlier date'; and follow through.



I hope it works for you as it had worked for me. GOOD LUCK!
I currently have the same problem. Thing is that I tried to restore my computer but for some reason the program deleted all previous dates. Now I'm stuck with this program.



Any advise?
  • home theater
  • web hosting sites
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment