Tuesday, May 31, 2011

How do I install NVIDIA display driver?

Have just reinstalled Windows XP Professional on a crap (being modest here) ACER Aspire 7520 and have trouble with the NVIDIA driver which it will not install properly. The consequences of this are a pretty large windows format. The driver is VGA_Nvidia_6.14.11.145_XPx86 and when I try to install this it asks me the following:



';Ensure that the location specified below is correct, or change it and insert 'NVIDIA Windows 2000/XP Driver Library Installation Disk 1' in the drive you specify.';



The location specified is the D drive where I have the driver software installed. I do not possess a disk for any drivers as ACER didn't provide this and I had to download them.



I cannot fully install this display drive and have a dodgy looking display which is only suitable for severely short-sighted people; i.e. it's very large compared to what I prefer.



Any help appreciated!How do I install NVIDIA display driver?
Install the nvidia chip set driver http://www.nvidia.co.uk/Download/index.a this should include the video driver.



it will be the 6xxx or 7xxx series nForce driver depending on which part number laptop you have so check on the bottom of your laptop.How do I install NVIDIA display driver?
If you can檛 find the right acer drivers manually I would recommend just getting a software program that can do it for you. There is a program I use which will find drivers for just about all hardware devices. The best part is it takes a snapshot of your system specifications and matches the right driver to go with it. Perform a free driver scan at:

http://www.drivers-updates.net
Go to http://www.nvidia.com/Download/index5.aspx?lang=en-us and select to scan automatically for driver updates
use this free program and update all your drivers

http://www.innovative-sol.com/drivermax/
right click my computer%26gt;properties%26gt;device manager%26gt;look for display drivers and update

No comments:

Post a Comment