Tuesday, May 31, 2011

What do these error messages mean?

I'm trying to save a couple hundred dollars and trying to fix my laptop issues myself. I have an HP Pavilion dv6000. I've checked my permissions and I am listed as the administrator. All these errors happened on the same day at the same time. I try to stay out of the control panel so i didn't change anything. The only recent downloads i've had is mcafee and a java update.



When I try to open my pictures, I get this message:

Photo Gallery can't open this picture because you do not have permission to access the file location.



I am able to upload them on other sites such as facebook and view them there.



When I try to open a word document i get this message:

Word could not create the work file. Check the temp environment



Sometimes even though it gives this message sometimes it opens and sometimes not.



Could some please walk me thru step by step on how to fix this!!What do these error messages mean?
are you running vista, to get permission, turn on UAC....click on start button and click on the picture on the top right, turn on/off user accounts control %26gt; tick UAC



Best to keep it off cuz viruses will be allowed to make changes to your computer, this was why vista windows was released with this new featureWhat do these error messages mean?
First of all.. saving money that way is foolish. TRUST ME I HAVE SCREWED UP MY COMPUTER SO MANY TIMES......

lol.. STOP IT! Now, do a restore to an earlier time. Like the day before you did all this damage! haha.. that will fix it. now pay me

No comments:

Post a Comment